1. Your Data
If you participate in the PAYBACK program, we will require your full name, your date of birth and your complete address (basic data). This basic data and other information provided voluntarily will be collected, saved and used by the PAYBACK operating company, the PAYBACK GmbH, P.O. Box 23 21 03, 85330 Munich, to implement the PAYBACK program. PAYBACK will transmit basic data, any information provided voluntarily and, if necessary, changes thereof to the partner company from which you received your PAYBACK card. No such transfer will be made if you received your PAYBACK card directly from PAYBACK or from a pharmacy. If you have a PAYBACK Maestro® card with payment functions, PAYBACK can also submit changes to your name or your address to your issuing bank. Your personal data will only be transferred to the other partner companies or to third parties not involved in the program – except for in cases of suspicions of specific abuse – if and when you expressly approve this transfer towards PAYBACK (e.g., for PAYBACK services through the website of a partner company).
If you use your PAYBACK card at a partner company, it will report the discount data (goods/services, price, discount amount, place and time of the process) to PAYBACK for crediting, accounting towards partner companies, administration and discount payouts. Pharmacies and savings banks will not report goods/services. Discount data will not be transferred to other partner companies or to third parties not involved in the program. For some partner companies, PAYBACK will state your number of points on receipts. If you provided your bank account information for discount payouts, only PAYBACK will collect and save this information and use it for payouts.
On request, PAYBACK will be happy to tell you whether and which personal data was saved.
When placing orders through the premium shop, the PAYBACK GmbH will transmit your personal data (full name, address) to cadooz in accordance with any applicable data protection laws. cadooz will save the data required for completing your order. In addition to your address, this includes your payment information (payment form, payment date) and order information (item, quantity, price) assigned to your address data. This data will partially also be collected by legally independent service providers commissioned by cadooz and – if required for order completion – provided to service providers. However, your data will of course be treated confidentially.
2. Advertising and Market Research
If you provided your approval for advertising and market research, the partner company from which you received your PAYBACK may send you advertisements by mail, when using one of its PAYBACK client terminals and – if specifically requested by you – through other PAYBACK services (email, SMS/MMS) based on your specific interests and selected by the partner company based on the following data: Your basic data, any voluntarily provided information, discount information used for the partner company and your incoming data when using client terminals or PAYBACK services of this partner company (i.e., which of these communication paths did you use when for this partner company, which of the offers there did you view when and which of them did you use). Pharmacies cannot do this.
PAYBACK may also send you advertisements by mail, when using a PAYBACK client terminal, calling the PAYBACK Service Center, while visiting the www.payback.de website or using the PAYBACK app and – if specifically requested by you – through other PAYBACK services (email, SMS/MMS) based on your specific interests and selected by PAYBACK based on the following data: Your basic data, any voluntarily provided information, discount information used for the partner company, possibly your incoming data when registering for or cancelling your PAYBACK Maestro® card or when using client terminals, PAYBACK services, the www.payback.de website, the PAYBACK app or the PAYBACK service center (i.e., which of these communication paths did you use when for this partner company, which of the offers there did you view or hear when and which of them did you use). Data about complaints or returns by you or the assertion of comparable contractual or legal rights will not be used.
Partner companies and PAYBACK save and use the above-stated data for these advertising and market research purposes.
You can revoke your approval for this at any time by contacting the PAYBACK service center, P.O. Box 23 21 02, 85330 Munich, or the PAYBACK GmbH, P.O. Box 23 21 03, 85330 Munich. PAYBACK will notify any affected partner company of your revocation. If you never granted your approval or revoked it, your data will not be used according to the paragraph above. However, you can of course participate or continue to participate in the PAYBACK program. You will only receive the information required for your program (e.g., reports about your number of points). The required basic data will be processed by commissioned service providers (contracting data processors) in each case for sending information by mail or other services purchased by you. Your data will be deleted immediately after performing the action.
Older Privacy Notice and Approval Declaration Versions
3. PAYBACK Visa Card
If you request a PAYBACK Visa card, the basic data you provided for your Visa card application and other personal data (occupation, marital status, income, dependent children, place of birth, nationality) will be collected only by the Landesbank Baden-Württemberg/Baden-Württembergische Bank (BW-Bank). This data will not be transferred to partner companies or PAYBACK. Only your PAYBACK customer number and your number of points will be transmitted to PAYBACK to credit the points earned through your PAYBACK Visa card.
4. Privacy Officer
If you have any questions about privacy at PAYBACK, please contact our privacy officer:
PAYBACK Datenschutzbeauftragter (Privacy Officer),
Theresienhöhe 12, 80339 Munich.
You can also send questions and reports via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 1 1. Customer Relationship
- The PAYBACK Rabattverein e.V. (PAYBACK Verein) administers discounts and other account balances that were credited to you as a PAYBACK customer in form of PAYBACK points by PAYBACK partner companies. Through your first use of one of the included PAYBACK card or your customer number, you agree to the following participation terms.
- Any natural person who completed their 16th year of life and resides in the Federal Republic of Germany may become a PAYBACK customer. Participation is free. You will receive a PAYBACK card with your customer number and a PIN number ("PAYBACK Point Account PIN Number") after your registration is received.
- PAYBACK cards shall remain the property of the PAYBACK Verein.
- Your PAYBACK card, its barcode and your customer number may only be copied or recorded electronically by someone other than the PAYBACK Verein, PAYBACK partner companies or the PAYBACK GmbH with the PAYBACK Verein's express approval.
- Please report changes to the data you provided during registration to the PAYBACK service center via telephone, in writing or via our website PAYBACK.de
§ 2 2. Collecting Points
- When purchasing goods or services at participating sales points of a partner company, you will receive credit in form of PAYBACK points. Payments can be made in cash, through cash equivalents (e.g., the PAYBACK Maestro® card with payment functions, checks, EC cards, card payments [chip], direct debits or transfers) or partner company customer cards. The exact terms will be determined by the partner companies. A list of the partner companies currently participating in PAYBACK's program can be found at www.payback.de.
- One PAYBACK point is equivalent to 1 cent.
- A list of partner companies and participating sales points, the type and scope of credited goods and service groups and the number of PAYBACK points awarded can be obtained from the PAYBACK service center, via the website or by request from the partner companies. The information provided by the partner company will be authoritative.
- Partner companies reserve the right to limit the granting of PAYBACK points, e.g., during special campaigns.
- To receive credit, use your PAYBACK card or provide your PAYBACK customer number before invoicing or paying. Your customer number will usually be read electronically from your PAYBACK card. Partner companies reserve the right to collect your data exclusively through your PAYBACK card. After invoicing or payment receipt by the partner company, your customer number can no longer be collected and points can no longer be awarded.
- If a contract for which you received PAYBACK points is reversed (changed, revoked, contested, withdrawn, exchange made, etc.) or if accounting errors are made or abuse occurs, the PAYBACK Verein and the partner company reserve the right to annul the respective points awarded.
- PAYBACK points that must be collected by entrepreneurs in the sense of the German VAT Act (Umsatzsteuergesetz) for the purchase of goods and services since 1 January 2012 must be deducted as discounts on the original price. This discounting will diminish previously claimed pre-tax amounts.
§ 3 3. Number of Points
- Your PAYBACK points will be registered at the PAYBACK Verein under your customer number. You can request your current number of points at any time via telephone by providing your PAYBACK account PIN number to the service line or through the website. In addition, you will receive reports about your number of points in regular intervals.
- Objections about the accuracy or completeness of the reported number of points must be submitted in writing to the center listed in the report within one month of its receipt. Please include the respective receipts or invoices issued by the partner company with your objection. Failure to assert claims on time will be viewed as approving of the number of points. However, you can request corrections to your number of points even after the deadline expires. In such cases, you must prove the inaccuracy or incompleteness.
§ 4 4. Points Payout
- PAYBACK points can only be paid out if you have at least 200 PAYBACK points (equivalent to €2.00).
- PAYBACK points will be paid out through cashless transfers onto a domestic bank account specified by you. Transfer costs will be borne by the PAYBACK Verein. For security reasons, transfers to a bank account of another account holder can only be made with PAYBACK's permission. PAYBACK points earned first will be paid out first. Please note that points earned through an Aral or BP fuel card or an Aral TeamCard Plus cannot be paid out through cashless transfers or donated. However, all other cashing options are available for such points without limitation.
- You can issue payout orders most quickly through the website or in writing or by calling the PAYBACK center. Your PAYBACK point account PIN number will be required for payout orders by telephone or through the website.
- Your PAYBACK points may only be transferred to third parties with the PAYBACK Verein's approval.
§ 5 5. Points Expiration
PAYBACK points will expire after 30 September of each calendar year, but no sooner than 36 months after your registration.
§ 6 6. Card Loss and PAYBACK Point Account PIN Number Abuse
- If you lose your PAYBACK card, you can request a replacement card from the PAYBACK Verein.
- Please contact the PAYBACK center immediately if you have reason to believe that a third party obtained knowledge of your PAYBACK point account PIN number. The PAYBACK Verein shall only be liable for damages resulting from culpably omitted or delay reports in case of gross negligence by PAYBACK or its agents in consideration of any contributory negligence on your part.
§ 7 7. Cancellation, Suspension and Changes to the Participation Terms
- You can end your participation in the PAYBACK program at any time by sending a written declaration to the PAYBACK Verein without any deadline.
- The PAYBACK Verein may only cancel your participation by providing an appropriate notice period, unless a cancellation is made for an important reason. Cancellations will be made in writing. You must invalidate your PAYBACK card at the end of the cancellation period and immediately if a cancellation is made for important reason.
- The PAYBACK Verein reserves the right to suspend, supplement or change the PAYBACK program with an appropriate notice period for important reason and without notice in appropriate consideration of your concerns.
- The PAYBACK Verein further reserves the right to change or supplement these participation terms if required for simple and safe implementation and, especially, to prevent abuse. Changes will be announced to you in advance in writing at your last registered address. Changes shall be considered approved if you do not cancel your account within one month of the postmark date of the announcement, in accordance with § 7.1, or if you use your PAYBACK card after this period to redeem credit. Announcements will include special notices about this point.
§ 8 8. PAYBACK Partner Services
Several of our partners offer the possibility of using various PAYBACK services on their websites without having to leave the partner's website. These services include the option of retrieving your number of PAYBACK points, viewing or changing your PAYBACK master data and displaying your eCoupons.
These services will be provided by the respective partner. This means that you need to register with the partner and have to select these services on the partner's platform.
Before your first use, the partner will transfer you to a PAYBACK webpage from which you can log in to your PAYBACK account to provide the authorization required for these services: This approval will allow us and the respective partner to exchange data with each other and to use it (such as your number of points when retrieving the number). The partner may use the data exchanged through these services to provide the PAYBACK services requested by you. Furthermore, your approval will authorize the partner to use this data and any discount and communication data of the partner for advertising and market research purposes to a certain extent. Additionally, your approval will also authorize us to use your incoming and saved data at PAYBACK for advertising and market research purposes to a certain extent. For the details, please refer to the wording of your approval.
The current version of the approval can be found at https://www.payback.de/pb/id/424758/. These services cannot be provided without your approval. You can revoke any approval granted to us (by contacting the PAYBACK service center or the PAYBACK GmbH, P.O. Box 23 21 03, 85330 Munich, by mail) or the partner at any time.
§ 9 9. Secondary PAYBACK Program Card
- A secondary card will allow you to let a second person help collect PAYBACK points for you.
- The co-collector will receive no PAYBACK Point Account PIN number and no disclosure, payout or objection rights. Your number of points, information about your number of points and payouts will only be provided to you. If certain partner companies display your number of points (e.g., on the receipt), this will also be done if you or your co-collector use the secondary card. Only you can object to the accuracy or completeness of the number of points reported. PAYBACK points cannot be distributed and the Point Account cannot be divided. The legal claims of the co-collector to disclosure, correction, deletion or blocking of data saved about him shall remain unaffected.
- The terms stated in § 1 - § 8 shall also apply to the co-collector.